• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Seven + - Unidentified - Newbie with Octopus meant for sushi

meekerz

O. vulgaris
Registered
It was a good 8 weeks, very informative, very educational.
I knew it was coming, but it still felt too sudden :frown:

Seven is 25cm long from mantle to the tip of his longest arm. And weighed 24.1grams at death.

Attachments

Last edited:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Thank you so much for sharing these experiences. I have looked for live octopuses in our Asian markets to try something similar without success. The only other attempts have been from @davelin315. I believe it may not be legal to sell them live in my state (GA) since we have the same chain and a consuming population. They do offer live crab, abalone (I have one of those in my nautilus - cold water - tank but it took 6 before one lived more than a couple of months), fish and geoduck (too large even for my 140 cold tank or I would have tried one). Your experiences were somewhat different than Dave's in that the animals were likely not shipped by air and not kept in almost freezing temperatures.
I am excited to see your interest in marine aquariums grow and won't be surprised to see a new journal :cephdevil: in the not too distant future.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Farewell to Seven and, as D says, thanks for sharing your experiences.
And you've learned a lot towards keeping another octopus.

Nancy

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
... but you have to watch the "Educational Octo Cartoon" (directly associated with the link - last post) to see why I immediately thought of your journal.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle Nicole

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak