Seven - O.Hummelincki

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
The LFS had it "by accident" so I got him. I did not bring him home as i wanted to come rearrange my live rock a little. I'll go pick him up tonight or tomorrow morning.

:octorun:

I have the new guy and Pen, so currently two octos. And this will be my seventh total.

I'm going to get him tomorrow. i just finished overhauling the tank, and I'll let it settle over night then I'll pick up the new one in the morning.

we are drip acclimating now. it has been about 30 mins so far.

Looks like a good healthy puss. I'm guessing a mantle length of 1.25" - 1.5"

DSCN2404.jpg

DSCN2407.jpg

DSCN2406.jpg

I just gave it a 1/2 a shrimp tail while it was acclimating and it took it with gusto. Once it is done slurping it down I will release it into the tank, probable in about 30-45 minutes

I did see it is missing half his front right arm, but i think I saw some new growth.

Ok I released it into the tank. so far it just slowly crawled up the wall and now its just balled up in the top corner of the tank and is watching the world around it.

stay tuned for acclimation video....

I always like to feed like that before I release them. It is probably more for me than the octo but if they eat (likely nervous eating) then I don't worry if they miss a meal or two while the acclimate to their new home.

Were you doing anything to make it pop up and down out of the water?

Were you doing anything to make it pop up and down out of the water?

It started doing that when I moved in close with the camera. it was hilarious. this one seems very cool and he does not seem shy about humans. When ever I approached the tank and stood next to it too observe him and he came right up to me and did some octopus dancing.

I have not seen him yet this morning but i'm sure it's thrilled to have rocks and a den, at the LFS he was just inside a critter keeper with no where to hide and I think they had him for a few days if not a week.

The LFS said they are more than happy to ship these guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back