• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Sepiolids in aquariums?

Then what would be a good replacement ceph? I only have a 30-40 gallon tank available right now.

An o. bimaculoides might be cramped in a 40 gallon but you could give it a shot, there are a few 40 gallon tanks that have had a bimac succesfully.

An o. bimaculoides might be cramped in a 40 gallon but you could give it a shot, there are a few 40 gallon tanks that have had a bimac succesfully.

You sure? What kinda filtration, skimming, etc. would you use? Sorry if my newb-ness is shining right now.

t's interesting but as Steve O pointed out once before the number of octopus species in NZ is .........42!!!!

I knew it! IknewitIknewitIknewit! HAhaHAhaHAha!

Gabe

Hi! Gabe
If you really want to get E. Scolopes real bad and go on a hliday at teh same time I might have some info for u.
E. scolopes are found on the shallow sandy anks of Hawaii. We collect our specimens from the island of Ohau. Tghere are several sites you can colect it from.
We have notices that they donot do well in small aquarium tanks and go belly up real fast.
We keep them at 34 ppt salinity and at 22 degree celcius. We use marine mix and instant ocean to prepare the sea water.
Its imp to do a water chemistry and check on the ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels ever week. if the animal is small, it survives for about 4 months in captivity. Newly hatched babies have high mortality rates.
SO if u know some one going to hawaii or wanna do it ur self I can hook u up with teh site.
Have fun and happy hunting.
adios

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I've been getting conflicting information...despite the post on this thread about rossia pacifica being made available through octopets, I have gathered from scattered posts that, correct me if I'm wrong, octopets is gettind S.bandensis. Are they getting R.pacifica, S.bandensis, or both?

Gabe.

LOL Im replying to this old post I saw because I would like to say probally for the somthingith time... I have one of the squids that u want! And I will catch u one for FREE! Im ur source right here baby! Dont talk to octopets! Talk to me! Ive got the squid here! Sorry if Im like breaking the rules AGAIN but HELLO!! Squid over here! I live on oahu! I have gone to the shallow sand flats! Grumble grumble grumble......

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back