senescence for sale

Just thought I'd tell everyone what I saw in a LFS the other weekend. I went in a pet shop in Va that has a lot of marine fish and occasionally cephs. In their last tank (a corals tank with bright lights) was an octo in a tupperware container. The container was in the front bottom corner of the tank and outside on the glass it said "octopus-$99.00". Upon closer inspection I noticed that the octo had a small clutch of about 6 eggs. The octo was pale and looked like it was on its way to the great ocean in the sky. I felt sorry for the octo and for the poor sucker that pays 100 bucks to have an octo for a week. I thought about telling one of the employees, but since most of them already know everything, I declined. I also considered trying to buy the eggs but I didn't see anything inside of them and figured it wasn't worth the trouble(they were small eggs). I have no idea what the species was...it was not a bimac, the mantle was the size of a lemon and I take it that it was full grown. John

:mad: grrrrrr that sort of thing makes me sooooooo mad. One of our local stores has seahorses for sale, in a tank with a vigourous bubbler and a temp of 22C (a bit warm for southen horses) one male is already "swimming" on it's side. I've discusssed this with them before. :mad: :mad:

J

selling adult octopuses is a terrible thing to do and should be discouraged. Its also one of the reasons why they have a name for being impossible to keep for any length of time!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back