Seeking Ceph Realted Items For Educational Purposes

I think I messed up, I checked the discovery store and thats not the DVD i was looking for, although it looks great too. Perhaps I was thinking of ocean realm instead of blue realm?? That would explain it:smile: I had problems with the discovery site as well, very slow loading , wouldn't load the shopping cart, perhaps they are working on the website??

I've heard that they're going all to online sales, so they might be updating their website. I don't have any idea, though. Good luck finding the video you're looking for.

OK, well here's a shot of our game room (in the basement), which has many ceph themes... here's one of them. you can't see the art all that well, but on the left is a framed painting created and signed by Dr. O'Shea himself, in the middle is a print from an Ernst Haeckel book, and on the left is "King of Spades" by Veronica Ceci... the middle I bought off eBay, the other two were gifts!

The other two wall photos have nothing to do with cephs, but I like them... one is all (or most) of my Pink Floyd vinyl LPs from when I was a kid (some bootlegs in there too!) and the other wall has a few non-Pink Floyd albums. They weren't doing much good in the closet!

Attachments

• conv_291493.jpg
    conv_291493.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • conv_291494.jpg
    conv_291494.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
  • conv_291495.jpg
    conv_291495.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
You mentioned once (or twice) in other posts that Dr. O'Shea was quite the artist. I have to agree! I was going to ask where you found that one before I read your notes.

Really cool bar stools too!

big thanks!

Thanks to tonmo member Jean for sending Dylan a lovely package all the way from NZ. He was very excited and we are starting to do some activities from the workbook:smile:

Attachments

• conv_291500.jpg
    conv_291500.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • conv_291499.jpg
    conv_291499.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Hi guys, I need some insight. Dylan bought a book tonight, (DK eyewitness SUBMARINE), it mentions "tourist subs" and that they operate in the carribean and off the coast of Florida. I have never heard of this, and I did a few searches and came up empty handed. Has anyone here ever heard of this or better yet been on one of these excursions?? Thanks

Looks like Aquataxi was shut down also...they were in the Florida region...Aruba isn't too far, and Hawaii might be the best bet.

can anyone tell me what the smallest appropriate tank for an octo would be?? and what is everyone's opinion on the nanocubes?? i have necessary salt water tank equipment but for a much larger tank that we used to have and i am contmplating trying something very small for dylan for his birthday:smile: thanks!

30 gallons is the smallest eh?? I was hoping for something a bit smaller, I checked the internet but the answers to this question were so varied I didn't know what was correct:smile: what do you think of the nanocube in this type of application? Also, in the past, when we had our tank, we did not need the super duper lighting because we didnt keep any corals, just live rock, is the special lighting necessary for an octopus, and how hard is undertaking this whole endeavor going to be?

tinak3531;97592 said:
30 gallons is the smallest eh?? I was hoping for something a bit smaller, I checked the internet but the answers to this question were so varied I didn't know what was correct:smile: what do you think of the nanocube in this type of application? Also, in the past, when we had our tank, we did not need the super duper lighting because we didnt keep any corals, just live rock, is the special lighting necessary for an octopus, and how hard is undertaking this whole endeavor going to be?

I had been figuring you knew this, but I'm starting to wonder if you've seen the "ceph care articles" yet... click on the "articles" tab at the top, and then look for the "ceph care" box. (Tony's been fiddling with the layout a bit, but as I write this it's the upper left box.) These have the recommendations and requirements in quite a bit of detail.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back