[Octopus]: Second round of ceph care

redddogg69

Cuttlefish
Registered
So after the passing of my A.Aculateus I decided to take some time to get another ceph. Three days ago I happened upon this guy at my favorite ceph retailer. I'm not sure the species, but he/she looks very healthy (aside from the end of one leg that was damaged and appears to be regenerating very nicely). It is very active in the morning and stays out playing for about three to four hours after sunrise before retiring for the day. Does anyone know the species? It looks similar to the ceph in the tonmo banner at the top of the page. Here are some pics.

205f3697.jpg

81d56ae1.jpg

fc13c832.jpg

The coloration and ratio brought me to think of O. merc, but the lights are on and I am skeptical about my guess on the size of him/her from the pictures. Is the ceph more active in the day? Other than that, I have nothing else to say except what a cool creature your octopus is.

From the photos (always a prospective issue), I would say the arms are too thick, the mantle too round and the eye stalks too large and too close together to be a merc.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back