Sebastian - O'NOTSUREWHAT......

Still no sign of Sebastian. I added 40 more hermits a week or so ago, and see their population is dwindling down where I will need to go collecting again before we leave for Florida which is Thursday. I am hopeful he is still in there!

Reporting in...Still no sign but the hermits keep disappearing. I'm tempted to let them dwindle down to see if that encourages Sebastian to make a showing. Doing a water-change on Sunday so I'm hoping I may have a sighting. I really have no clue other than every now and then I see crab remains. Not sure if this is the hermits just passing away, or if it's because they were eaten. I'm hoping it's because they were a meal. I keep seeing huge worms appearing and a few weeks ago, my son sent me a pic by phone that I thought was an octopus leg, but turned out to be a worm.:roll:

I thought was an octopus leg, but turned out to be a worm.
I don't want to count the number of times THAT has happened :biggrin2:

You may be seeing crab shed in stead of octo emptied shells. Hopefully not the case but it has been a long time without any visual.

Well....apparently Sebastian has been eating crabs as this morning at 6am....I have about 25 tiny baby freeswimming octopuses. Still attempting to get a clear photo of them as the little buggers will not sit for a pic! Very challenging subjects! I am again in awe! This is the first octopus that has chosen to be totally hidden from the get go. I have stalked the talk with a red light in the wee hours of the morn. The only clue I have had is the crab parts that I have seen but even then I was not sure if this was the crab shedding. I will be curious to see how big Sebastian grew as now that I see babies, I know the end is near.

LOL, I take it you have not gotten to the stop motion part of your camera class yet :wink:. Can you send Jess out for a plankton tow (tell her not to break anything before TONMOCON though :biggrin2:). How many (give or take) tonight?

Well. The babies were gone as of Monday night and yesterday I found Sebastian. She was the size of a quarter curled up. Must have been a true dwarf as she was so tiny when I got her and apparently almost into adulthood as her eggs hatched almost exactly 2 months, 3 weeks from her arrival. I wish I could have seen her more. I have a little video I took on her arrival which I will have to post.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back