• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

sat up help

ok look heres what i want to do i want an octo but im inexperaneced so can i buy all the stuff for an octo and then work with somthing easier for a while till i get the hang of it and dont have to bye diferent things so if its not to much i could use a list and bye list please dont tell me another place to find it all i want is a verifaction. im pretty sure i got it all but i just need to be sure ok so far im getting a 75 gallon tank, 200 gallon protien skimmer,a 200 gallon filter, chemical salt, RO water fine sand, pcp pipes hide rocks and eatras like that but no harmful chemicals,case lid so no escape an air pump but im not sure about those things yet and add or corect me if you want bc i still think im missing stuff.

THANKS,
Zach

as a rough sketch it looks good, i have seen your other post so i dont need to repeat what they have there, but what brand name is your skimmer, filter, ect. those play a role

Be sure to make friends with your local saltwater fish store too...throughout your new setup, they can help out a lot.
So far, your initial tank ideas sound good.

greg

ok thanks and what brands would be the best brand to bye from.
would a Berlin Turbo Protein Skimmer for 200 gallons be ok.
Well if you could just save me alot of the trouble and tell me the good brands thats would be great thanks.

one more thing just to make sure the air pump also needs to be triple the gallon so when i bye the 75 gallon tank i need a 200 gallon filter 200 gallon protein skimmer and 200 gallo air pump.

Thanks

really dumb kid said:
one more thing just to make sure the air pump also needs to be triple the gallon so when i bye the 75 gallon tank i need a 200 gallon filter 200 gallon protein skimmer and 200 gallo air pump.

Thanks

am working on decoding this bit...once I understand it, I will get back to you.

:bugout:

o i meant an octopus makes triple the mess up a fish around the same size so it would be fitting to have all his systems tripled out. But this is just somthing ive read qiet a few times in many care gides so i fingure it may be correct.

thanks

really dumb kid said:
ok thanks from what ive bin reading i think thats rite but im not sure

I think he was implying he was having trouble understanding your spelling/grammar. Don't worry, but if you work on it you can see Greg perk up immensely! :smile:

Dan

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back