• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

sand

hi. has anyone used carib live sand,the type thats not in water but just moist? i ask because my 4 monthcycled tank w/the tank test being perfect and its a brand new tank has killed 3 octos now? and the filters are new. i got all new stuff because of my last tank and acc. might have been used w/copper. could it be the sand? its about 1inch deep. it looked like it was having cunvultions after 3hrs in the tank any one have thought on this? i have a bimac now thats going on 1 year in june.so i no im not doing anything wrong? thanks.

(quoted spammy post deleted by Monty, but I left your helpful response so it still counts toward your progress out of gelatinous-blob-o-pus rank)

You may want to post this in the marketplace forum.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Someone posted some spam, which I deleted, and I didn't want to leave it quoted in dreadhead's post, but I didn't want to delete dreadhead's post so I just edited it. Perhaps that's too confusing, and I should just delete followup posts to spam... but if I make all this disappear now, it will probably confuse people even more... so I guess I'll leave this here for a little while and delete it (and l8_2_rise's similar post) later if I remember. Sorry for the confusion, I'm having kind of a weird and stressful day.

Redoc

GPO
Registered
How long do they last before they die? Could they be over stressed. I had one octo that had obviously had a rough ride and it lasted 3 days my other octos did just fine in the exact same set up. Could be just bad luck but it's good to try and rule things out. I have also used that sand with no problems.