• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S.Bandensis Reef?

milchy

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well after months of planning im finally deciding to get down to work. So here are a few questions about my planned setup. I currently Have a 30gallon reef tank setup with mainly softies. Rics, acans, zoas, gsp, xenia. Cleanup Crew and No fish.

1. Will a 30gallon be enough for one single s.bandensis? Space wise a tank this size would be ideal for me, if however I cannot keep a cuttle in it, I will opt for a larger tank.

2. My current Lighting is a 14K 150W Metal Halide. Will this lighitng be overkill for the cuttle? Or will it be ok.

3. My current flow is about 900gallons per hour, will this be too much for the cuttle?

4. As for my corals (can be seen above) will these be compatible with the cuttle?

Not to cut in on your thread but I was thinking the same thing. Except I have a few fish, and am not afraid of them getting eaten, rather them harming the cuttle. I have 3 cromie damsels, clark clown, scooter blennie, orange shoulder tang. And a few shrimp I KNOW would have to go. But I can put stuff in my roomates tank, which is actually also my tank if needed.

milchy said:
1. Will a 30gallon be enough for one single s.bandensis? Space wise a tank this size would be ideal for me, if however I cannot keep a cuttle in it, I will opt for a larger tank.

Might be fine, what are the dimensions? :biggrin2:

2. My current Lighting is a 14K 150W Metal Halide. Will this lighitng be overkill for the cuttle? Or will it be ok.

It might be the case that the cuttle will hide more during the day. I say try it and see. :biggrin2:

3. My current flow is about 900gallons per hour, will this be too much for the cuttle?
Should be fine.

4. As for my corals (can be seen above) will these be compatible with the cuttle?

No problems that I can see.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back