• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Rummler has a white spot.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I removed Rummlers door to see if he would come out last night, as I haven't seen him physically in about 2 weeks. I know the food in the tank has been disapearing except for one rather large crab. This morning I noticed he has a whit spot :frown: about the size of a 1/4 of a dime towards the top of one leg. My thoughts are maybe that the one crab that is remaining injured him. Inklet is happily dining on that crab now. Anyway, what do you think? I'm going to check my water parameters later after work. He is actively trying to reestablish his door but hasn't figured out his prior door is on the floor of the tank yet. Other that the spot, he looks healthy and fat.

Carol

Hi Carol,

Well, it's possible that the crab pinched him and this is the resulting injury. But I thought that you removed the pincers from crabs you gave your octos.

It's also possible that it's a skin lesion, but bimacs seem to get those less frequently than briareus and other species.

Just keep an eye on it - there's not much you can do. I'm glad Rummler is looking good otherwise. He's a shy one! Ollie was shy for some time, too.

Nancy

Well at least it seems that you got you're revenge with that crab. I woldn't really worry about Rummler....if He's healthy like you said, he should be fine....Still, it looks like it would b a good idea to keep an eye on him.

Ya know....I have been adding crabs to Rummlers tank without removing the top movable piece of the claw. It's very possable the bigger crab (but now is in Inklets stomach :mrgreen: ) that was still in there got a hold of him.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back