• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Rouge River Fossil Collection

Pr0teusUnbound

GPO
Registered
below is a link to my collection of fossils from the Rouge River in southeast Michigan. the pieces features were collected from March 2012 to October 2012. its a glacial till deposit, but the fossils are naturally relieved from their matrix in some fascinating ways. so far ive found 2-3 wheelbarrows worth of fossil coral, stromatoporoids, brachiopods, cephalopods, gastropods, fish fragments, plants, and dozens of things i have yet to id.

http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/Pr0teusUnbound/Fossils Rouge River/

Tentacle Toast

GPO
Supporter
Nice prehistoric assembly you've got there! I've got to make it a point to gather & photograph some of the fossils I happen across around here; I think you guys(?) would appreciate them. I've encountered several that resemble pic 59 in particular on the shores of Lake Ontario & Lake Erie. Kelleys Island has an abundance of fossils too; crazy ones with amazing details. I found what I believe was a trilobite in a rock too large for me to carry myself. Though I like fossils, I generally leave them where I see them. This one was different, it was so cool, I had to take it home with me. I went back to my camp site to recruit help with its extraction, but couldn't locate it again; to this day I feel like a fool for not flagging it somehow...

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzh2020

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak