Rorschach-O.Vulgaris

OK so I had a fun night with the little guy. For the first time he was out and curious about life out side the tank. i was just sitting here next to the tank and watching TV when i noticed in the corner of my eye, something staring at me. sure enough HE was sitting on the glass bobbing his an just watching me. I put my finger to the glass and he came prancing right over to it. We played follow the finger for a bit then I shot a quick video, by that time he had enough so he grabbed a shrimp and went back to his ship.

video uploading now.

SAM_0014.jpg

SAM_0015.jpg

Lets hope there is no eating involved with this little guy except for the shrimp and crab variety :biggrin2:. I can not wait to be able to order from Tom. I had thought about putting most of my live rock in my sump so that I could have a more open tank and room for one of Toms octopus... but thats just a thought. I will be taking the tank down to build up my 75 once I know whats gonna happen with the baby cuttles.

Not a whole lot to report here. He is socially progressing nicely. He come out just before i go to bed at night plays on the glass alittle but mostly sits there and watches me and the TV. He has pretty much eaten all 24 live shrimp that were in the tank with him which is great of course. He came out once during the day, hung updide down on a ledge in fromt of his den for awhile then went back to bed.

ok so I decided on a name, Rorchach. He has been out a lot today he was exploring all over and particularly interested in me, even as I type this he is sitting a bobbing next to me. We played a little follow the finger on the glass, but he is still a little skittish. He may be out because he is down to only a shrimp or two which make catching them a little harder. I'll restock his tank tomorrow.

I was going to give you your first staff challenge but I see you have figured out how to reset the title without my goading :sagrin: I have wanted to keep a vulgaris since I read The Soft Intelligence. I am wondering if Tom is getting further north, up by you.

I am wondering if Tom is getting further north, up by you.

We have always shared the same waters. I fish that far south frequently so i'm sure his resources spread as far north as my house. The Keys ecosystem really starts here in Biscayne bay. while a car ride to Toms is about an 1.5 to 2 hours. I've made the run in less than 30 minutes in my buddies catamaran, in my boats its a little more than an hour to run down there.

I LOVE the new octos name!
Thanks I though of it the second I saw him out in the open he was all red, like diablo, had that Rorschach test pattern look. I'll call him schach(shack) for short.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back