RIP Peter Benchley

cthulhu77 said:
From cover to cover? Only those two. Beast was tossed into the circular recycling bin. I did almost make it through Shark Trouble, or whatever it was named...
Lots of hack writers make quite good reading...William Murphy, Stephen King, etc. make up a large percentage of my library, and I enjoy opening the books over and over again. Jaws certainly falls into that category, as it is entertaining, if not a thinly veiled attempt at ripping off Moby Dick. Beast was utter garbage. The only book worse than that was a monstrosity called Meg that came out a few years back...uggh. Horriffic ! (don't know who wrote that one, but it was truly awful )

Steve Alten

Ah! I doubt they will ask me to speak at his eulogy, either... I remember being so wound up when it came out...finally, a book about one of the most fascinating animals to swim in the ocean. The look of pure horror on my face by page twenty must have been enough to cast stones (not that it is that good at any rate, LOL ) !

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back