RIP Ollie

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
My beloved bimac Ollie died early this morning. She seemed fine when we welcomed the new year at midnight, but twenty minutes later the water was cloudy and she was down. She died very quickly, apparently of natural causes.

Ollie had been with me since March 5, 2003 and was a few days short of 10 months. She had had many adventures, such as climbing out on the edge of the tank to visit us. She became very tame and liked to be touched and be rubbed under her eyes. At the beginning of November, she laid eggs and guarded them intensively. The eggs were not fertile, and she began to tear down her fortress-like den in the last few weeks.

She will be much missed by all of us.

Nancy

:frown: She will be missed by alot of people! I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ink didn't follow her soon. Her behavior has changed again the last few days. Very active.

Carol

Thanks to all of you for your sympathy. It was hard to lose Ollie.
We've decided to return her to the sea, rather than burying her in the garden.

As for future plans, I will be getting another octopus but in a few months. I have some things I need to do to the tank, and we want to travel a bit before taking on a baby octopus.

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

So glad to hear you will eventually get another octo! Even though they have such a short lifespan, I know I am hooked!!!

Carol

ollie died???
Im so sorry this happened, I only found this out today, since school has gotten the best of me and my time online. I'll miss ollie, even his waving goodbye. My sympathy's, nancy.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back