Rigby!

if the eyes are relatively big in proportion to the body, then thats common in dwarf, try and look at some pictured that are online of them, and compare it to your octo.

SandV;104578 said:
what kind of octo is on the cephalopod care "keeping cephalopods in captivity" the first pic

looks like a bimac.

yeah it looks like the same octo on the bimac page and they are both by nancy....

but I am almost positive Rigby is a baby bimac... It says that under 3 months he should be fed more than once a day... his mantle is about an inch... how big is a 3 month bimac... or how often should he be eating?

I just fed Rigby some shrimp... he sure likes food... He will reach out to investigate you inside the tank but not on the outside... but he has the distinct blue eyespots that the bimac pics have... is there any other octo with blue eyespots like that... but he looks just like it...

Look carefully at the false eyespot - does yours have an unbroken chain like Ollie in the photo? If so, it should be a bimac.

Nancy

I just looked at him for a long time and it is definately unbroken... he was hanging out on the glass but i haven't cleaned the algea because i don't want to scare him so i can't really get a pic... he is alway near the front and so I will just have to clean it sometime when i can't find him... 30 lbs of porus rock and one LITTLE octo sometimes he is a bit hard to find... lol

what kind of octo is on the cephalopod care "keeping cephalopods in captivity" the first pic

That's Ollie, the same bimac who's ring you were looking at in the Bimac Care Sheet - she is an adult in this photo and is displaying a slightly different color.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back