Rigby!

should i be feeding him more than once a day... I tried to feed him twice yesterday but he had no interest because I didn't notice the half eaten crab on the other side of the tank... so should I let him hunt for his other meals and then feed him once a day? or should I try to feed him twice a day... or more?

how old do you think he is at an inch... almost 3 months.. 1 month?????

update: Rigby is doing great... he still has no interest in us but he doesn't mind us looking at him as long as we don't move really quickly or look like we are going to take his food... lol... he doesn't like scallops but that is ok... he eats frozen shrimp, medium hermits (whenever he gets hungery), and freshly killed clams... but they are much bigger than him and he wants to take it with him until he realizes he has no place to take it then he just sits and eats... and protects it... I have a live oyster that I am going to give him probably tonight (I will open it for him first). Does anyone feed live clams? I just dont want him to get hurt but I would like for him to kill it himself if it is safe... the same with oysters... how big should he be?

Update: Rigby is doing good... he has grown since we got him.... he doesn't show himself as much as he was but I think it is because he has discovered a shell that I put in the front of the tank that I hoped he would reside in... well.. I think he has but he can get all the way inside and I can't see him at all... or he has moved to another rock and I can't see him.. but he usually shows himself once a day at least...

Question: He can't kill fiddler crabs... Is he just not old enough or because he was tank raised he just doesn't know how or why???? What should I do?? He sits on it and I think he is eating it.. I come back later and it is running around... He does kill and eat medium hermit tho...

If he kills and eats hermits, then he knows how to do it! They may be just the right size for him now. Keep feeding him what he likes - you can save the hermits for later.

Nancy

He likes frozen shrimp, he will eat but doesn't really like scallops, he will eat freshly killed clams and oysters (the oyster was messy), I have tried squid but i don't know if he liked it because i left it at his thought to be den but I don't think he was home... but it was gone a little later but it could have been taken by the damels or hermits or his fiddler... and I find some dead hermit pieces but not many... maybe 10 and I have had him for almost a month... and there is still one that he REALLY wants to eat that he has been trying to eat since day 1... and still no luck... I just wonder if he is a little slow...lol... but I guess it is ok I love him anyway... but I think I have to teach him how to eat live food.... OH NO...

Last night I was giving Rigby his frozen shrimp and he usually is afraid for our hands... However, last night he was playing tug-o-war with my finger...it was cool but nerve wracking because i didn't want him to bite me... i am not sure that he knew it was me and not the shrimp i kept touching his tentiles with so he would take it and let me go and not bite me... but he wouldn't take it it just kept dropping and he would go for my finger...

SandV;106167 said:
Last night I was giving Rigby his frozen shrimp and he usually is afraid for our hands... However, last night he was playing tug-o-war with my finger...it was cool but nerve wracking because i didn't want him to bite me... i am not sure that he knew it was me and not the shrimp i kept touching his tentiles with so he would take it and let me go and not bite me... but he wouldn't take it it just kept dropping and he would go for my finger...

Heheheh :biggrin2: Pretty surprisingly strong huh?

I would laugh at you two EXCEPT the THIRD time my dwarf lion attacked me was the "charm" and after weeks my knuckle is still very sore and swells up on occassion. At least octo bites are not venemous (blue rings excluded, of course).

yeah, he wasnt attacking me... he just thought I was food I guess.... or he just wanted to see what I was all about...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back