• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Resurrected [Old Board Archive]: Documentaries

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
..... actually, you could be on to something there. It's just way tooooooo dangerous down there for the women and youngins. Maybe they do go down, but just don't live long enough to tell the tale.

Females and calves are temporary citizens in the Antarctic!

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Clem said:
Much as I like the idea of using a Messie model to predict sonar returns of the genuine article, I'd guess that the model would have to have the same consistency to give an accurate result. A stiff plastic Messie would probably reflect a larger sonar return than the more absorbtive squid-flesh.
does ballisitic jelly float? i know its made to act as human flesh does, but it might give a more realistic sonar signature than something hard... you could use the current model to make a mold and crank out a few disposable jelly squid to use around whales....

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
im not sure what its made of, but law enforcement (fbi comes to the top of my minds list) and i guess gun companies use it to analyze the path a bullet takes as it passes through....

Rydar

Hatchling
Registered
Steve O'Shea;15495 said:
Resurrecting an old thread.

Here's the deal. Hypothetically speaking :wink: , if you had a life-sized model of Mesonychoteuthis :meso: , and someone was taking it out to sea (hypothetically speaking of course), and you could do anything you wanted with it (other than destroy it), what would you like to see it doO
i would totally use it as a canoe then have it attack a small boat to test a few legends then i would clone it, keep the two in captivity and observe the mating habbits, YES IM JUST LIKE THAT

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuttlefishSteve

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak