• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Responsibilities associated with keeping and breeding cephs

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... and how old are you acting?? maybe i just wont come back to this site anymore, you guys sure don't like to hear other people's opinions or anything. i was taught to not use words such as never or always when talking in a debate, that was stating what i was told and shown, sorry the public school system isnt good enough for you. and the wolves i have been talking about were released about 4yrs ago now, and they are continually monitered. nothing can ever be proven "fact" until it has been through its full process. if you look into the scientific process, there is rarely "fact," things are changing all the time. also, how can you judge a program you have never seen or read up on?

i have agreed with you all along about the octopus being released part. that just doesnt work, its just like people here releasing pythons or red eared sliders and such.

if you have nothing better to say than something that makes your ego go up, then perhaps this site is not what i thought it was, especially if you are "staff."

thanks for the downpour.

if this site does not improve i will definately not be back, nor will any future octopus studying peers that i come across. i have gotten much better response, help, and respect from my lfs.

Norge, I was complementing you and making a jab at some of the youngsters on the board who don't act quite as mature. I apologize if I could have been a bit more clear.

Dan

Well this has all gotten pretty ugly and not worthwhile, so I'm locking this thread, and will include the note I posted yesterday on this...

Thanks again; let's move on.

tonmo;83022 said:
Thanks Fini -- we've discussed this a bit as staff. I believe strongly that alignment is key -- there are some frustrations coming through with a "soft spot" in our forum moderation and we'll address by year's end.

Collectively, I am confident I can speak for staff when I say we are staunchly in support of open discussion and self-regulation within the community -- however, we believe we can do more to define the framework of our beliefs when it comes to responsible ceph keeping.

I agree, Fini, the tone in this thread and perhaps one or two others is a bit of a downer and is not at all in the spirit of TONMO.com. Again, I feel an overall weak spot has been exploited a bit and I intend to ensure it gets addressed by way of a clearer statement of purpose and a better articulation of our collective philosophy on cephs and ceph care.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back