RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY: comparative study of palatine teeth

upasanap

Hatchling
Registered
HI ,I am in australia keenly interested to join. i had my masters in zoology with my speciliazation in fish fisheries and fresh water ecology.plz contact me on my id. i am sending you my resume.plz have a look.

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Hi Upasana

Thanks for that; I'll contact you via pm shortly. I've edited your first post to remove your CV (a strange thing to post online).
Kindest
Steve

Ceph fan

Cuttlefish
Registered
I will be looking for a co-op placement come january, am studying biology at University of Waterloo (scince and business spec. biology), and have experience studying marine biology through Ocean Educations. Also very enthusiastic. please email me at [email protected] if you are still looking..... i saw a couple threads for this so i wil post this on all because i want this so badly :biggrin2:

TPOTH

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Ceph fan said:
I will be looking for a co-op placement come january, am studying biology at University of Waterloo (scince and business spec. biology), and have experience studying marine biology through Ocean Educations. Also very enthusiastic. please email me at [email protected] if you are still looking..... i saw a couple threads for this so i wil post this on all because i want this so badly :biggrin2:

If you don't get any reply from "The Man" then i can only advise to PM him directly. Good luck :wink:

TPOTH

Like I've said before, Steve... This is a hell of an ambitious project. Let me see what I can do to help as well. I may need some info for a senior project, and this would be kickass for both a project and as a source for your overall research. That is, if you're interested in information on Northern Hemisphere (the SWINGINGEST hemisphere :razz:) cephs.

And no one will steal this idea. If they do, we can handle them *cracks knuckles*

John

trelanea

Hatchling
Registered
Your research sounds really interesting! It would be great to know what you've discovered so far. I'm a prospective cephalopod researcher waiting to hear if I've gotten into the doctoral programs to which I just applied.

Currently I've got a temp job as a chemist, and really miss zoology.

Certainly, I'll admit its a little preemptive of me but assuming that at least -one- of these programs accepts me, my intent is to research invertebrate physiology and behavior, specifically in cephalopods. Your topic sounds like a great project to get into that's right up my alley. Also, I could really use some hands on ceph experience. I've been around the block with higher phyla, but I'm really fascinated by invertebrates.

Please let me know if I could be useful in your research.
:tentacle: Paige
B.S. Zoology
B.S. Biology
Oregon State University 2003

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Hi Paige; do let us know how you went on your scholarship/postgraduate applications

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Just 'bumping' this thread, the last post being over 2 years ago. This will be an extremely interesting, rewarding research project, appropriate for someone wanting to do a Masters.

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Bumping again, because of something Kat and I am (or should this be 'are'?) doing .... watch closely this next week, for a treat; you'll not be disappointed. It has been nearly 1.5 years since a post on this thread, and the FIRST post was made in September 2004! Heavens, 5 years ago! I haven't changed a bit in that time :smile:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Steve O'Shea;140876 said:
Heavens, 5 years ago! I haven't changed a bit in that time :smile:

Not true, we have seen at least two different hair styles (or lack of hair) and sets of glasses