• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Relocation went well

Octavarium

Wonderpus
Registered
Well Octavius has been moved from the halide cube tank to a much roomier 29g with regular fluorescent light and more LR to hide. Since he has been so absolutley bold lately, he made it easy to pick him up from climbing over the lip of the tank into the bucket, for the trip up to my room. This new tank has an "octoproofed" octopus HOB skmmer which is much better then the previous...plus now I can do maintanence to my coral tank in peace! No inking and no fuss, the hummelincki proves to be a very bold species. I'll get some pics and videos up by the end of this week.

Interesting that yours crawls out of the tank. Octane has (knock on wood) never offered to put an arm out of the tank accept to touch my hand. He will come to the top and put the front of his webbing just at water level for me to pet him but does not seem interested in exploring above the tank.

Oliver never crawls out. He sits at water level at the front for interaction, but never puts as much as a tentacle above the water. So much so that I have started to relax a little about the prospect of escape - but not to the point of failing to secure the lid, of course. :biggrin2:

Weird, mine practically lives on the top edge during the day, sticking his arms or eye stalks out of the water occasionally, resembline a frog. I hope hes not in the habit of thinking everytime he "crawls out" hell escape to a bigger and better home!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back