• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

ReefOctopus Products

Kharn

O. vulgaris
Registered
Hello

I have been going through a few of the old threads/Articles to see if anyone is using or had used any of the Hurricane or Core models of protein skimmers available at reefoctopus, unfortunatly I think none have (I may be wrong). Firstly if someone has delt with these products before could you please tell me if what they say on there products is what you get "Example: 'Hurricane 2500 2X' can supposedly handle 2500Litres" ( I had read in the forums somewhere, someone stating that you should take the manufacturers Recommended Volume in litres that the skimmer can handle and Divide it by 4 for the REAL results, true/false with these product? )

I'd just like to know so I don't go "over-kill" on the protein skimmer, currently looking at Hurricane 2500 2X or Core + Pentair 1500i (IF 'Core' IS A VIABLE OPTION). I have been through the "Which Protein Skimmer do you recommend and why?" thread but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I thought I'd post here and hope for the best? Lastly can you 'over filter' a Ceph tank? Like buying a Protein skimmer to Big for the Volume of water in the Tank? Once I have enough information and I am comfortable with it I will begin the setup, I just really want to make sure I am crystal clear with sizes of Skimmers etc since it is a bit Expensive.

P.S. I have Pre-Ordered the book from Amazon online, have to wait till October or november to get it.

:twisted: Thank you, my main worry was Over Filtering (removing GOOD bacteria) however now that I know there is no need to worry about that, I think I'll go with the bigger of the 2 skimmers.

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back