• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

recycled 55 gallon aquarium

Parabola

Cuttlefish
Registered
The ich medication was used once about a year ago. The silicone does have a light shade of green to it, though requiring close examination to reveal such. The amount of medication used was half the recommended volume, as a school of clown loaches was occupying the tank.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
It really is hard to say...I've used Malachite in freshwater tanks quite often, even ones with crabs, etc in them, and had no problems...it is just that cephs are so dang picky about metals.
If you have the time and inclination, it might not be a bad idea just to replace the silicone...I know it is not a lot of fun, but...

Parabola

Cuttlefish
Registered
I'll keep looking into it. However replacing the silicone might be the most reasonable course of action, definately don't want my octo to die because of my laziness.

Thanks for all the advice.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Parabola said:
However replacing the silicone might be the most reasonable course of action, definately don't want my octo to die because of my laziness.

Certainly an admirable sentiment!

Dan

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Parabola said:
I'll keep looking into it. However replacing the silicone might be the most reasonable course of action, definately don't want my octo to die because of my laziness.

Thanks for all the advice.

Way to go Parabola!

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conor Henry

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan