Re-Animator

I thought it was OK. Very silly, and very gory. Just complete over the top wackiness. I would have rathered it was more dark and brooding like the original story, but it's testament to the era in which it was made.

I like it. Plus, some of it was filmed in Caltech buildings I've spent some time in... It's silly, as is the From Beyond adaptation from the same group.

I put it in the same category as things like "Evil Dead", etc. The bit with the "headless doctor" doing some orating was really, really twisted. I laughed my rear off !

In the sequel, the doctor has fruit bat wings sewn on his head, and then has himself FedExed to his med student nemesis. Truly awesome silliness -- especially when the student reacts to opening the box by grimly but calmly getting a broom to whack the doctor down from the ceiling where he's fluttering about on his new bat wings.

I plan on adding Beyond Re-animator to my Netflix list. I hear Bride of Re-animator is pretty... lame. Supposedly they are expecting the release of a 4th Re-animator film due in 2010. Noticed on Amazon.com "Army of Darkness Vs. Re-Animator"... might have to order that one. Bruce Campbell is definitely my favorite B-movie actor, would love an Army of Darkness sequel. Ash is a great character. Would be weird now that Bruce is fat and gray though.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back