[Cuttlefish]: Ramses

Since November 4th Cephdoc, so not very long at all.

The anemone seems fine, growing, moving around from time to time. Anemones in the local sea are fun to watch, often associated with anemonefish and shrimp, like the two attached.

D, yes! Ramses is a colourful and expressive animal, but also a vicious killer seen from the perspective of a crab.

Attachments

• conv_297417.jpg
    conv_297417.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 138
  • conv_297418.jpg
    conv_297418.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 95
LOL, Ramses will likely eat ANY thing he considers viable food that is his size or smaller. Cuttlegirl posted a cuttlefish vs octopus video in 2008 that you will likely be something you can envision with Ramses:

Nothing new here: I go out early in the morning to catch crabs and Ramses eats them. Three consumed already this morning. It's fun to watch the change from white to a rich chocolate purple with white splodges at the moment of capture. Here's Ramses munching away on one of this morning's crabs.

Cool yes?:biggrin2: Monty has twice done something odd with his suckers by kneading my fingers. I have tried to determine if he was saying he was hungry but failed to get him to do it again. I will have a new interaction video on his thread if it ever finished uploading (the first attempt failed).

No, he gave up after consuming roughly the middle third of the body, nibbling away from the back. The anemone had the tail end and the cerianthids worked on the head.

Could you determine if he ate any of the shell? Supposedly only nautilus do this (or need to) but it seems like our octopuses may eat at least some of it and I have started to wonder about a dietary benefit of shell on shrimp.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back