• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks, like Site Search. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Raising Food

lawfish

GPO
Registered
You may also want to take a look on ebay for wet/dry filters. I have seen them at very affordable prices, many including return pumps and a skimmer.

Taeloci

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Food and Filtration

Thanks for the tip, lawfish. If you could refer me to a way to find wet/dry stuff on ebay that would be great. I can't seem to get past the search keyword there.
To Cephjedi, I owe much gratitude for the info on building wet/drys. It sort of inspired me to design my own, and I think it will work really well.

lawfish

GPO
Registered
Tael:

If you want to find wet/dry filters on ebay just type "wet/dry filter" in the search box. A ton of them come up. OH! and be sure to use the link on the main page here to get to ebay because TONMO the gets some $$$ :biggrin2:

However, don't be afraid to build your own filter, I built a bio-tower and used a 20 gallon tank as a sump. (Pic below) Any specific advice you need feel free to ask.

lawfish

GPO
Registered
Oh Yeah,

Regarding ebay, there are great deals if you look for them. I just bought a used Amiracle Pl series wet/dry with a return pump for not much more than $100. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burtam2

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak