• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Raising eggs

also whats the lifespan of joubinis from hatching to death? I read 6 months but I don't know of thats their entire life span or how long they usually have to live when purchased.

I doubt that you can rear O. joubini eggs. They are small and have an extended paralarval stage in the plankton.

If you mean O. mercatoris or other large egg species, they must be kept individually and fed live food like mysids and enriched adult brine shrimp.

Roy

Also how do you raise O. mercatoris eggs? I *think* I can get one of these octos. I dont mid raising eggs whenever my adult dies, that way I will always have at least hatchling for me and the rest for the fellow tonmo'ers.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back