• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Quick Question

jamest0o0

O. vulgaris
Registered
Alright so months ago I planned on getting 2 cuttles when I got my 39g CAD sig tank set up. Well I'm only starting to get around to setting the tank up now!

Anyway I planned on also putting in some corals( I know nothing that can sting) and some clams. I asked this months ago and havn't been around since for the most part and figured since cephs are still new to the SW hobby I should ask again to make sure it is still alright to do this.

Also, just for somethng to think about are there any daiurnal octos that can go in a 39? (still probably going with cuttles I just want to look into all the possiblities before I dive into something.)

Any help would be nice because I want to make sure everything is right before I decide to get cuttles.

thanks

I hope you are planning on plain old ordinary clams as filter feeders as they are on the octo primary menu for anything but a pygmy and the giants may not be safe with them.

I haven't heard of cuttles messing with clams in any way, but that's from reading a lot of TONMO posts rather than actual experience. I think the person with the nifty tabletop aquarium had cuttles in with giant clams, but I could be remembering wrong... and I forget who it is.

Yeah like I said I've already read a lot about cuttles and have an idea in my head on what I'm going to do. I was just seeing if theres any new info out there since I've been gone from the hobby for a few months. I'm pretty sure one of the cuttle keepers here has his in a reef tank?

Anyway thanks guys I was just making sure this will be a fine set up for 2 cuttles :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back