• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Quick Question

jamest0o0

O. vulgaris
Registered
Alright so months ago I planned on getting 2 cuttles when I got my 39g CAD sig tank set up. Well I'm only starting to get around to setting the tank up now!

Anyway I planned on also putting in some corals( I know nothing that can sting) and some clams. I asked this months ago and havn't been around since for the most part and figured since cephs are still new to the SW hobby I should ask again to make sure it is still alright to do this.

Also, just for somethng to think about are there any daiurnal octos that can go in a 39? (still probably going with cuttles I just want to look into all the possiblities before I dive into something.)

Any help would be nice because I want to make sure everything is right before I decide to get cuttles.

thanks

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I hope you are planning on plain old ordinary clams as filter feeders as they are on the octo primary menu for anything but a pygmy and the giants may not be safe with them.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
I haven't heard of cuttles messing with clams in any way, but that's from reading a lot of TONMO posts rather than actual experience. I think the person with the nifty tabletop aquarium had cuttles in with giant clams, but I could be remembering wrong... and I forget who it is.

jamest0o0

O. vulgaris
Registered
Yeah like I said I've already read a lot about cuttles and have an idea in my head on what I'm going to do. I was just seeing if theres any new info out there since I've been gone from the hobby for a few months. I'm pretty sure one of the cuttle keepers here has his in a reef tank?

Anyway thanks guys I was just making sure this will be a fine set up for 2 cuttles :smile:

Latest Forum Posts