• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Quick question, please.

Some of the live rock in my tank was getting in the way so I took it out and hammered it to pieces. When I put it back in, it clouded the tank and some oil formed at the surface. My cuttle is now resting on the bottom of the tank, while it's semi-rapidly changes color from light to dark. After a while, it's lower mantle (everything below the fin) also did the same thing as the head. Is anything wrong?

Probably just scared it a little?

Some scares are impossible to avoid such as cleaning of the nursery.

My largest is a RIGHT moody buggar, always threatening me :biggrin2:

Oh...well soon after that he ate another shrimp and now he's "normal", lol. Downstairs they are hammering and drilling the heck out of the place. Even I can feel the vibrations, and I'm human. My poor mantis shrimps and cuttle...D: It must feel like a waterfall for them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back