Question for Myopsida

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Thanks very much for that Onno; are you affiliated in some way with the University of Tasmania?
Kindest
Steve

Ogross

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
tasmanian wolf

Hi steve
nope - neve been in tasman yet :frown:
but heard its near an architeuthis spot, so a must go one day...
cheers Onno

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
..... out of my league now, Myopsida. Have a presentation to give to politicians on the state of this, that and the other, fisheries wise, in ~ 1 months time, on behalf of F & B. More to follow via e- shortly, but can I quiz you on occasion in such matters, as I have already, and turn this thread into a state of affairs on NZ fisheries (cough) conservation?

To pull this off I'll have to hang up the ceph paper writing for a month-or-so in order to familiarise myself with all the jargon. Shame, because there's so much happening w.r.t. squid right now.
O

No problem Steve.
I wish I could remember who the fisheries manager was who told me some years ago that the orange roughy fishery should be regulated the same way the the mining industry - seemed to sum up the entire management (?) philosophy.

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Melissa said:
Regarding declining fish stocks, a toothfish-poaching ship, the Viarsa, has been boarded by South Africans and Australians in the South Atlantic.

Melissa,

Thanks for posting that link; I'd read an article about the poachers a few days ago, when the chase was on. Glad to know the resolution. Perhaps the crew will wonder aloud to their interrogators about what manner of animal was responsible for munching "their" toothfish off the longlines.

:wink:

Clem