• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Prizm Protein Skimmer

oh ok

:bugout:

Ok, thanks for your the replies !

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "breakin" ....

Also, my Prizm Protein Skimmer makes more noice than I like..wish I had bought the Seaclone instead ! :frown:

Any suggestions how to get rid of the noise ?

My tank is new about 3 weeks. I just installed the skimmer 3 days ago.

Also, I'm trying to get rid of red/brown algae forming. I think I need to lower my phosphate..but I haven't done any tests yet.

Thaks :notworth:

...and a seaclone isnt any quieter!!!

Id also try turning the air down a bit, just so its making a bit less bubbles for a while

turning the air down ?

How can I turn the air down ?

I can play around with the flow regulator..but there's no way of turning the air down ?

I have connected the Air Tube Connector to the Hose Barb as indicated in the instructions.

If there any ways of doing this..please tell ! :goofysca:

Is there an airvalve on the end of the airline tube that sticks out of the tank? This would be where you can regulate the airflow.

or if not, you can buy little plastic clamps from a LFS built just for this very thing :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back