• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Preventing Fungus growth on Stripped Pyjama squid eggs

MWinship

Hatchling
Registered
Hello! Recently I have had Stripped Pyjama squid lay eggs, and hoping to raise them into adulthood! I have found that after transfering the eggs to breeder boxes, after a few days they seem to be growing a layer of grey fuzz around them. Are there any dips/ medications that might be able to apply to the eggs to prevent fungus growing on the eggs? I know how sensitive cuttlefish can be!

There are a number of aeration techniques used to prevent the development of fungus/algae on the eggs but I have not seen suggestions for removing existing. Here is one from MBARI - you might try something like this with half the eggs in hopes that the tumbling will gently remove the fuzz. @Thales ?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back