Preserved squid sculptures!

jesus... that thing would give me nightmeers....COOL!!!!! although i would prolly feel wired about having a dead squid as a decoration...but..hey...

chris

Ive always wanted to goto the Mutter museum...Its on my things to do list =)

Im on my 3rd batch of cuttles at the moment..I dont know off hand how many ive had total, but probably around 20 went to adulthood of 8-11 months. I probably lost 10-12 from accidents and mysterious curcumstances. Ive learned a lot along the way though!

Paradox said:
This is an old thread, but Ive been working on these since then!!

Four..or was it Five squids later, I think Ive refined my preservation articulating techniques and wood work. The pictures dont rally do them justice, but they are over 2 ft tall!!

What do you think??

Awesome. If I had more of a "mad scientist" or "Chas Addams" decor, I'd be all over these as an "alternative to a lava lamp" conversation piece. (I probably can't afford one anyway, though).

thanks Monty...Its funny you mention lava lamp...

My first versions of these guys had a incandenscent bulb and no ventilation in the lighting box. So you can imagine they got really hot and warmed the liquid. It made little squid bits float up and down the glass. Just like how lava lamps work!!

Paradox said:
This is an old thread, but Ive been working on these since then!!

Four..or was it Five squids later, I think Ive refined my preservation articulating techniques and wood work. The pictures dont rally do them justice, but they are over 2 ft tall!!

What do you think??

heres a pic with the internal light off..

Fourth1.JPG

Light On:
Fourth6.JPG

more pics and a brief description can be found on here

http://thetentacleparadox.com/PickledMonsters.htm

Im getting ready to sell some, but I havent decided on a price yet. I consider them art, so Ill price them according to that. They do cost a lot to make and take over a month to complete one. Plus I live in an apartment!! So my room is a woodshop and squid preserving factory!!
Outstanding, Paradox!!! :notworth:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back