• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Possibly cuttle eggs

It's easy to underestimate food needs/costs for any type of ceph. They always eat more than you think they would! At one time my bimac was eating $50/food per week -crabs and shrimp. Well, I don't live near the ocean.

It's sometimes difficult to convince would-be ceph owners that they may incur big expenses - that's why I've often asked for specifics, such as how many mysids you really need per week.

Nancy

Iorderd 1 batch yesterday and am planning to put them in my tank ( not a net breeder)

The newest problem i have just runn across ins that i am going on vacation the 29th for about 4-5 days and i dont know what to do about the egges, i dont even know if they will hatch while im away
( had the egges scince about anywhere from the 9th to the 11th)

ill probly see them cuz i had them down at my dock and before i even did put fish i put a couple of mysids and i was able 2 see them but the reel problem im having is the vacation

Mine eat twice a day. Two of mine died after not having food for only two days. I think Righty is, well, right. If you want any to survive you should find someone to feed them.

Dan

If you want them to be OK you need to find someone to feed them. Once a day will probably be fine. Putting the mysids in there won't do...they're less inclined to eat if they're surrounded by food all the time (which you know because you read all the info before you bought them).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back