possible mistaken ID....

DrBatty

GPO
Registered
Have been pondering this for quite awhile now, and I am going to try to make one more attempt to ID him before I am surprised with a much larger octo!

When I got Beaker, he was IDed as an A. Aculeatus, and initially, his behavior seemed to reflect that of an Aculeatus.
Lately, he seems to be getting a little bigger. The "tuft" of skin on the back of his mantle is disappearing, while the mantle itself is getting larger. He has also developed two sets of eyespots, one pair of black ones under his two front arms, and another set of white ones behind his eyes on his mantle....wish I had a photo, but he is asleep. The Vulgaris I have seen around sure look a whole lot like giant Beakers, with the same eyespots, etc. The other tipoff is that by Aculeatus standards, Beaker would be mature/dying.....and he is faaaar from either. His body is just larger than a golf ball, and seems to be growing still. his eyes are also becoming more bulbous, like that of a Vulgaris.
The one thing that has me puzzled is that it would seem to me he should be growing at a faster rate, were he a vulgaris. When I got him, he had 6.5 legs....now they are both almost fully regenerated, and I was wondering if regenerating arms could possibly stunt growth for the rest of the body...Anyone know?
also, is there a surefire way to ID a Vulgaris or an Aculeatus?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back