Portobello Diary

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
I've FINALLY got a digicam!!! So here's a pic of one of our Octopus (we have 4 at the moment Earle {After Dr Sylvia Earle, who was a reccent visitor here!}, Arrow, Squiffy and Trev). This is Trev who has spent the holidays meeting and greeting visitors for 10 -20 mins each day. Visitors could have a wee pat (in water!) but 9 times out of 10 he would reach out and grab them! He is a Pinnoctopus cordiformis and measures around 1m arm span and his mantle is about the size of a small rugby ball!

Wonderful news that you have a camera, Jean, because you have such interesting octos to photograph.

I enjoyed seeing your pic of Trev, who looks like an octo worth meeting!

What about Earle, Arrow, and Squiffy?

Nancy

HI All,

Thanks for your kind comments . I will try to get pics of the others but Squiffy and Arrow live in our ponds and are not often on view and Earle is being difficult at the moment he most emphatically does NOT like having his pic taken.

Yes Carol, Trev was out of the water, He'd knocked the standpipe out of the drain! So he's been put into the pond with Arrow and Squiffy.

I'll try to get some of Earle!

BTW Spartacus We didn't name Trev! A visitor to the Aquarium did, in fact with the exception of Earle all our octis were named by visitors.

J

Awesome pics Jean!!! I have hopes of getting some good ones of the GPO at Baltimore on Aug. 13 as Jess and I are camping out in the Aquarium!!!!

Carol

Nice pics, Jean. So glad you finally got a digital camera!

My, Earle is such a big, handsome octopus! Looks like he has a comfortable place to live, too.

Nancy

thanks for your kind comments all, yes Earle is handsome, but I have to say for his spp he's still pretty small! he could get to as much as twice that size! Then we have heaps of fun keeping them fed!!!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back