Portobello Diary

Eggs

One of our midgets, Gerbil (some kids named her!) has just laid a batch of eggs...will try for some photo's tomorrow, she was extremely agitated when we noticed them so we're leaving her alone for a bit (fortunately she's not on display!).

J

ooops forgot the pics!

Attachments

• conv_288571.jpg
    conv_288571.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 98
  • conv_288572.jpg
    conv_288572.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 117
Hi jean,

congrats and goodluck with the eggs...

I can sense an article here :wink:

Nice, ceph, what specie is it? ( scientific name please) How many/ much ( Why never listened my english teacher:sink: ) little octopus will has it?
Good luck with it!!!!
Cheers
Carles

Colin said:
I can sense an article here :wink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Oktoputeao said:
Nice, ceph, what specie is it? ( scientific name please) How many/ much ( Why never listened my english teacher ) little octopus will has it?
Good luck with it!!!!
Cheers
Carles

It's one of the midget complex we have here in NZ so either
Octopus huttoni or Octopus warringa, there are probably 600-700 eggs But haven't really counted as we're trying to disturb Gerbil as little as possible.

Cheers

J

Gerbil's babies hatched out just before I left for CIAC and the staff released them (they're small planktonic ones...hard to care for!) but they got a pic of one before they released them. Gerbil is still with us and has started feeding again.

The other pic is of some baby leatherjackets we caught..not cephs but soooo cute!!

J

Attachments

• conv_288835.jpg
    conv_288835.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 98
  • conv_288836.jpg
    conv_288836.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 101
Gerbil's baby is cute, too! What big eyes! Are those tiny arms I see? Can't exactly tell from the photo.

Thanks for posting these photos and it's nice to hear that Gerbil is still doing well.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back