Poll: What do you think of the Beatles' 'Octopus's Garden?'

I would argue that the song is actually considerably more serious than it seems. With the turmoil the band was in at the time, I'm sure Ringo's sentiments weren't far out of phase with the lyrics. He's certainly singing with a little harsher emotion in his voice than other instances where he sang.

As for Wings, I'll take Band on the Run any day.

Dan

DHyslop Wrote;
I would argue that the song is actually considerably more serious than it seems. With the turmoil the band was in at the time, I'm sure Ringo's sentiments weren't far out of phase with the lyrics. He's certainly singing with a little harsher emotion in his voice than other instances where he sang.

Touche Turtle. He did actually write when he escaped off somewhere while all the chaos was goin on didnt he. I was readin about this in 'postcards from the boys' over christmas. Funny little book that. Were they all sent postcards to each other and he's collaborated a load of his into this book with his thoughts. Guess what I got as a stocking filler!!!

Yeah they are good and so are Floyd but at the mo........
No one Ever Really Dies

:band:

cthulhu77 said:
The best thing about Live and Let Die was the movie...mostly due to the huge amount of herps in it (including a rare (at that time) Emerald tree boa) and the 7-UP guy with that wicked laugh. Oh yeah, and the hot girls, of course!!!

learn summit knew everyday, constrictors with VD :shock: . Should keep one foot on the floor

Shame S.O.A.D or Tenpole Tudor didn't pen OG 1st though the Fab 3 (McCartney gets my back up :mad: ) could do no wrong once they dumped "rock'n'roll"

Keef

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back