Plz ID before I release him!

ccopelin

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I would like an ID fast before I put him in his new home. A friend that owns a LFS got 2 the other day and they are both definetly different so if I dont like your answer i can go swap. :wink: Its goin in a 50 gallon in wall cube that just lost its owner, Rowdy our beloved cuttle RIP.

Attachments

• conv_304434.jpg
    conv_304434.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 167
  • conv_304435.jpg
    conv_304435.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 139
  • conv_304436.jpg
    conv_304436.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 162
DWhatley;173564 said:
Now, if I could just source a young one locally for my dwarf tank ... :biggrin2:

Could you help me understand the desire to own a dwarf. It would appear that you are quite fond of them. The only way I could see myself keeping one is if I were to create a micro-ecosystem.

Upvote 0
The question is too rhetorical to answer. Other than for education and scientific study, why does anyone keep a live wild animal or a domestic one for that matter? The question is not posed for discussion here and is without a single answer. You may wish entertain the broader thought in its own thread if it intrigues you.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• conv_297986.jpg
    conv_297986.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
Rich and I have wondered why we don't see marginatus in the hobby. It is relatively small (largish mantle with short arms) and is a food bycatch in trawl fishing. I am hoping Thales will bring one home to Steinhart :biggrin2: However, Roy IS an expert and you'll not get a better ID if he will offer one.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back