• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Plumbing in a tank for S. Bandensis

magnetar68

O. vulgaris
Registered
I currently have a 120G reef tank with a 40G sump/refugium. My next extension is a 30G macro algae refugium. After that, I was thinking about plumbing in a 50G tank to this system (36"x19"x19") to house some interesting non-reef safe species specific livestock. My plan was to make this more of a FOWLR tank. Originally, I was thinking puffer fish or something like that, but what about couple of S. Bandensis?

The main issue I was wondering about is what happens if they ink? I would obviously have their filtration go straight into the skimmer, but do I risk killing the rest of the tank?

No worries. The ink doesn't seem toxic and the skimmer will take it out quickly as it breaks down (unless there is a massive inking event which is kinda rare) I have kept them in similar situations and multi tank systems with fish and corals for years with no problems.

Welcome to TONMO!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back