plectronoceras

I guess you know that Plectronoceras are really tiny - mostly around 10mm - and quite rare. They are certainly not 'display fossils'. I was not able to obtain even a photo of one for my HETEROMORPH book and have not been able to find one for my new book on NAUTILUS. Why don't you also post something on my forums on Facebook - that may get you some more info! Regards W

I guess you know that Plectronoceras are really tiny - mostly around 10mm - and quite rare. They are certainly not 'display fossils'. I was not able to obtain even a photo of one for my HETEROMORPH book and have not been able to find one for my new book on NAUTILUS. Why don't you also post something on my forums on Facebook - that may get you some more info! Regards W
I could help you get a picture. I found a stone with a couple decently photographable ones a few years ago. Here's one showing a clear siphuncle and an overall shape. It's even much larger than 10 mm, at about 4 or 5 cm. However it is very encrusted with lichen. Yet the substrate is very monotone, so it's a bit prettier that way.
plectro2.jpg
plectro4enhance.jpg
plectro6.jpg

Attachments

• plectro2.jpg
    plectro2.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 118

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back