pirates of the C part two!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Holy mackerel...lots of ceph goodness packed into this film, from the octopus headed captain of the Flying Dutchman, to the great Kraken itself !!!!
Don't miss this one for the world...it is a bit long, but worth every minute, just be sure to avoid the large soda...

I heard there was lots of ceph stuff yesterday. One of the women in marketing came to my office to tell me I have to go see this. She had noticed all the octopus stuff and pics in my office about a week ago and had questions galore! I need to go see this movie, but problem is Jess doesn't!

Tako_Poke said:
I especially liked the bueatiful island scenery. Even that was enough to make if worthwhile. I want to go to the caribean now...
I really don't care what you want. You already live on an island, how many of us can even say that? :rolleyes:

So I braved the amazingly hot weather here to check it out Saturday. Overall I found the film enjoyable, but it was a tad on the long side. I don't really think it compared to the first one though.

Okay biologists..how many freakin' arms does a Kraken actually have? :mrgreen: Seems like all of the cephs in the film had extra Hollywood arms.

Looking forward to seeing Mr. Richards in the next one.

I went to see it with a friend who studies intertidal epifauna (stuff that grows on stuff) and she ooh-ed and ah-ed the Flying Dutchman crew while I was scrutinizing Davy and the Kraken (who, apart from the Sarlacc-type mouth, was pretty good, I thought). Apparently they did some decent research overall, supported by great effects!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tintenfisch said:
I went to see it with a friend who studies intertidal epifauna (stuff that grows on stuff) and she ooh-ed and ah-ed the Flying Dutchman crew while I was scrutinizing Davy and the Kraken (who, apart from the Sarlacc-type mouth, was pretty good, I thought). Apparently they did some decent research overall, supported by great effects!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was paying more attention to the crew than the story in some parts of the movie. As for the Kraken....I think they're allowed some liberties...after all, they did have a half-octopus-part-crab man... Still, I always thought the Kraken was a giant octopus...so their interpretation made me wonder

bathypol said:
Yeah, I was paying more attention to the crew than the story in some parts of the movie. As for the Kraken....I think they're allowed some liberties...after all, they did have a half-octopus-part-crab man... Still, I always thought the Kraken was a giant octopus...so their interpretation made me wonder

Kraken should always be a big ol' squid, but what the hey- I loved this flick. Personally, thanks in part to the stuff growing on stuff among the Flying Dutchmen crew and down in the bowels of the ship, also because of the fight set-pieces, especially because of Davy Jones blowing tobacco smoke out his siphon - this was beyond awesome. Best 2 1/2 hour theme park ride of the Summer, plus Mr. Depp is, as always, perfect. I'm with Kat - would've preferred a big ol' beak, but heck - it's a sea monster. It can be innaccurate. After all, this just a drunken mariner's tale.

erich orser said:
After all, this just a drunken mariner's tale.

Is it, now....

Got to see it still, hope that Davy Jones will set aside thoughts of rivets and Hendrick Vanderdecken :wink:

ob said:
Is it, now....

Got to see it still, hope that Davy Jones will set aside thoughts of rivets and Hendrick Vanderdecken :wink:

One would hope! If we delved deeply into your subconscience, what would we find to explain your obsession with "rivets, rivets, glorious rivets"?
:shock:

Merely Adam Clem's thoughtful comments on my mako model criticisms :smile:

I guess he's right... My precioussss rivetsesssss

Haha,
I loved this movie, but I liked the first one more:wink: . The romance between Jack and Liz isnt so touching as WIll and Liz lol. Plus, I liked the story as well as the music of the first one more. THough, there are sequences in the second one that are uterly amazing, forexample, when the Kraken attacked the Black Pearl for a second time- intelligently, it destroyed the cannon hulls first! :biggrin2: It seems have have a lot of blind coordination since it didnt have to peer into the ship.

After the movie, "the friends" and I went to a book store for fun, I saw a bok about potc2, and there was a picture of the kraken! It looked like a giant whale with a head of a cuttle fish! I'm not joking :roflmao:

I cant wait for the third one thats coming out at the end of May next year, but I found 56/98 pages of script on the itnernet, it sounds entertaining, if you want me to spoil it for you- feel free to ask =D

Davey Jones...

I had this piece of original concept art sent to me by a friend that knows I am ceph happy. Thought I would share it.

Attachments

• conv_289561.jpg
    conv_289561.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 71

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back