Pics of Fluffy

i didn't know he would grow this fast o.o actually i thought he was just about full grown when i got him.
how big is his mantle supposed to get anyway?
compairem7.jpg

i think the first pic is the third day i had him and the second is a little of a month later (yesterday)
my measurements are a ruff estimate but is you look at the proportions of his eyes and mantle you can see hes gotten allot bigger.

the 3 arms that he arrived missing now range from 4-6 inches
pic from a week ago
arms123ch8.jpg

anouther pic
newlo2.jpg

Could you please comment on the hours that Fluffy keeps. Briareus is a nocturnal species but many of them change their habits to be around when their owner is active. When is Fluffy out and about?

Nancy

he pops his head out when i get home (4-6pm) then hes usually partially visible keeping an eye on the tv and myself until around feeding time and 6-7pm then he will come out and let me know hes hungry crawling across the glass and following my hand/face across the glass. feeding the way i do it last about an hour(my pic taking time) then he goes back to perching around and watching but hes more interactive during this time of day. past 10 when the lights are out he gets more active, this is usually when he plays with the balls in his tank(he also does this to some extent during feeding)

fluffy

I am lookin into gettin a briareus, and i would like to know what you feed him, what he likes most, and do you have a picture of your set up(skimmer, filtration,hood and how it is secured..... also want to know if the astro turf will work for these guys.....are you in the USA, if so, where do you order live crabs from so they arent super expensive? thanks

i feed fluffy silversiders for the most part but i also give him prawn every once in a wiel. he seems to like silver siders more than anything. iv tried giving him chopped muscle once but he didnt eat it. i havnt tried crabs yet but most people get them from this site Cannot connect to MySQL server i can get som tank pics later today.

frozen silver side. iv tried a few different brands, but i'm using ocean nutrition silversides at the moment. these are diffidently the biggest iv seen with the largest reaching five inches long. in some brand 3 inches is large. i get them from my LFS or petsmart/co.

frozen silver side. iv tried a few different brands, but i'm using ocean nutrition silversides at the moment. these are diffidently the biggest iv seen, with the largest reaching almoast 4 1/2 inches long. in some brand 3 inches is large. i get them from my LFS or petsmart/co.

I always enjoy watching videos of Fluffy! He's such a pretty octopus and so graceful.

But I did see something that worries me - is that a glass thermometer or hydometer? If it's anything glass, please remove it and find some other way to measure. Fluffy is far too strong and can snap it in two very easily and it would be sharp and could hurt him.

Nancy

I really enjoyed that! One comment....Is that a cat ball and if so is there a metal bell inside? Not good if there is!

Loved the music and the credits!!!

Carol

i usually don't put the hydrometer in when he is active because im worried about that too, and if he pulled it down far enuff and it rushed back to the top it would break(i accidentally did that wile cycling the tank) useually i just put it in the morning when hes asleep and leave it long enough to get a good readig but it was cold that night and i was a little worried about the temp. (despite havening a heater on the tank)

the ball is just a plastic golf ball :smile:

You can find inexpensive digital thermometers. The Coralife Digital Thermometer is regularly $6.99, on sale for $5.59 at Drs. Foster and Smith. You could probably buy one at your LFS, too.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back