[Octopus]: Phoenix-second chance mercatoris

If you have read my other journal 'Cthulu first octopus mercatoris' you will know that my first octopus didn't work; so my second octopus named Phoenix is my second chance. These are the entries I have written in the as mentioned previous artice and new ones. I hope Phoenix lives long.:smile:

Today I am over the moon with joy, I got my new octopus! He's a male mercatoris and when we put in a fiddler crab it captured and started to eat it like 20 minutes after he swam out of the bag. I am so proud of him and it is a good sign that he is in a hunting mood. I'll start a new journal about him if he lives over a week.:biggrin2:

Day 7: Well, he made it to a week. I guess now I'll make a journal about him, I think I'll name him Phoenix, as he rose from the flame and thrived.

Day 9: Today we saw our octopus on the back of the biocube wall, after a little he just jetted off, adorable. It seems that waiting a day worked out pretty well, and our water change is coming up, I think that would be a good time to get rid of the algae; I think well ask the storeowner about this too, as he is a very experienced man. He probably has some awesome advice. And thanks for your advice, I really appreciate

Oh, before I forget, do you guys know anything about algae blooms, cause we got a bad bloom, it covered the limestone a rusty red color, but it hasn't touched the purple rock yet, and thats reliving seeing as how that is here the octo stays. Anyways, do you guys know anything about it; or how often should you feed a baby dwarf if you want to see it out hunting? P.S. Sorry for not posting in a while.

Day 14: Today we saw our octopus eating a snail we put in :octorun: and I am once again, over the moon with joy :mrgreen:. I think I will retire the system where I say the day like how I said it in this entry, I'll just say the date.

P.S. To anyone listening please remind me to make a second journal for my new octopus Right now I'm thinking of some names for him; possible ones are:

.Phoenix.
.Nightfall.
.Octavius.[/QUOTE]

:frown: I hope not, @coral dweller ... To offer a little hope, I've seen this in our forums before... it seems that sometimes, after the octo studies and understands the tank, they find a quiet place to hide, and often they come out later. Thanks for keeping us posted.

I think almost every octo keeper has a period where the octopus has disappeared. Like Tony says, your octo will most likely reappear.
I had to practice developing my "octopus eyes" so I could distinguish my octo from the rock in the tank. Anyway, don't give up!

Nancy

Yep, still haven't seen him. I'm pretty sure he's dead but it would be due to natural causes. We checked everything about the tank and there are no signs of anything bad. And our protein skimmer is working fine. Everyone is saying to get a new one and the water perimeters are still perfect. What should I do?

Hi @coral dweller - I'll tag Nancy here - just put an @ sign in front of someone you want to tag, and they'll get notified... like this: @Nancy :smile:

Good luck. I understand it takes patience, but this is a long time in hiding, I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back