• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Pacific Tree Octo

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Burstsovenergy24 said:
Thats why Bush wants to go back to the moon and not explore the oceans.

I would not bet on it, BOE. Have you not encountered references to the Lunar Octopus? Buzz Aldrin certainly met it, and I'm sure Bush is aware of the dangers!

I think it was strangely attracted to the Lunar Module.

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Actually, thats precisely why Collins stayed in orbit.... he has an irrational fear of cephs...

Great Work once again Phil....

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
The problem with the NZ Rainforest Nautilis is that the introduced Bush Haggis finds them very tasty, so much so that their natural predator , the Taniwha, is going into a decline. Every Burns night there is a rush on freshly captured Haggis (to be taken with suitably large doses of medicinal whisky) but the rest of the year they are really not hunted much. They appear to eat the nautilus then use the shell as a sledge in the winter, when they leave the bush and can be seen sliding down snow covered hills making a distinctive wheeeeeeeeeing sound.

Oh dear......it's been a VERY long week :bugout: :bonk: :bugout:

J

Snafflehound

GPO
Registered
Phil said:
How about 'Ye Olde Krake' that stalked the Thames at the turn of the 18th century?

revenge of the tree octo... man cuts down tree octopus home, makes boat out of it... giant octopus eats boat. 8)

Now maybe Lucky Jack Aubrey will take on the Kraken in the Master and Commander sequel :talker:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak