• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Pacific Tree Octo

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
I was under the impression that the only arboreal classes of molluscs were Gastropoda and Bivalva. Fossil evidence exists for bush-dwelling scaphopods, which apparently flourished in the Early Cretaceous.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
there is no way a cephalopod could live in a tree... oh wait.. there is a thread about squibbons is there not?

I don't believe we are quite there yet Colin! :P Just a few more centruies to go......... and 1,000,000,000,000 post on TONMO.....but by that time it will be the sea creatures who have moved on to land and taken over TONMO!!!!! :shock:

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
That's right..... Evidence is amounting for the existence of highly evolved trilobites. Apparently at the end of the Permian instead of going extinct the trilobites were amassing intelligence at such a rate, they not only became self-aware but attained the ability to control their metabolism to such an extent that they could convert themselves to other forms of matter. It is speculated that trilobites achieved uber-intelligence and converted themselves to cloud-form and regularly drift above us observing our day-to-day activities and plotting.

Next time you look up and see cirrostratus clouds, just remember you are being watched by our bug-eyed arthropodian forbearers......

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
You like fine, but you smell like a brewery.

My mom used to say that to me every Saturday/Sunday morning. Funny, though, because a brewery tends not to smell like that.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak