• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

[Squid]: Pacific Bobtail Squid

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Jean;137122 said:
Yes although it would be quite sporadic!

At least you have been posting a bit recently :hmm:

Perhaps a journal will make you a more frequent visitor again :biggrin2: and it will be our first squid from eggs journal I think.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
dwhatley;137126 said:
At least you have been posting a bit recently :hmm:

Perhaps a journal will make you a more frequent visitor again :biggrin2: and it will be our first squid from eggs journal I think.

I know I've been a bit absent. Blame it on having too much work! Unfortunately I seem to spend much of my time these days guiding students through lab sessions they don't want to be at and marking the assignments from those lab sessions ! So I get far less time skulking around the aquarium! BUT I have 3 days this week teaching at the aquarium so I should be able to sneak into the aquarium and take some pics, make notes etc!!!!! YAY!! Oh and I've laid claim to all the Bobs that died, so when I get a minute I'll be dissecting them and hopefully trying to age them.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
OK So I was out at the Aquarium today, and checked on the Bobs, we have about 6 left and the eggs look much the same as last week

Attachments

• conv_294230.jpg
    conv_294230.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 85
  • conv_294231.jpg
    conv_294231.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 87

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Recent Pic of the eggs, still very opaque white. And a pic of the last adult (a rare active shot!) which passed away last week

J

Attachments

• conv_294286.jpg
    conv_294286.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • conv_294287.jpg
    conv_294287.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 90
How interesting! Bobtails are really cute - my 9yr old daughter just loves them and is constantly asking me if we can get one. My answer is always, 'uh...NO, not possible sweetheart.' Hmmm, I'm not sure if I should show her these pics. :hmm:

Latest Posts