• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Other sea creatures with Octos?

A: most puffers are somewhat (or more so ) toxic

B: you should see a little octo dismember a large crab

C: I would like to point out that WK is not senile. He is just disillusioned. It's OK, he'll be fine eventually...

greg

Does anybody know if aptasia stings octo's??

only ive got a big one (bout 5cm across) and a baby one in mine an they look like they could sting...? (look a bit dangerous wavin about in the current!!!

Got pulsating xenia an button polops but there fine i think arnt they?

oh an i wonder if a couple of clowns will be alright in there with an octo, just incase i cant get em out once they go in :lol:

he would probably eat the clown but those corals should be ok unless he tries to uproot the xenia then you might have a nuclear fall out in your tank

Hi Scouse,

Yes, Aptasia do sting octos! I've read about it but I've also seen it happen. I had one small aptasia and my bimac touched it as she was passing by - she touched it with one arm, then jumped and jerked back the arm. So you want to get rid of all aptasia.

Nancy

i'm kinda curious about the The Velvet Sea Slug(Chelidonura varians), featherdusters, sponges, Maxima Clam Colored(Tridacna maxima), Ballonfish(Diodon holocanthus) , also of the following three (pipefish, wrasse, and damsels) because i have been reading mixed answers on whether they are safe. they most likely will be with a joubini or a bimac. i think i just might start with pygmy's first untill i feel like setting up my monster tank (125 gallons baby). since its been a while since i've dealt with saltwater tanks. but i heared tha joubini's are nocturnal i was wondering if that was true. eventually i will have a 125 gallon reeftank and and a 55 gallon bimac tank. i was just wondering if it was safe to put the above species in with a pygmy or bimac.

ohh yeah and what do u mean by a nuclear fallout in your tank? do they gut throw like cukes?

Hi joefish84 & Nancy,

ohhhh looks like that aptasia is comin out then, sounds like Ollie didnt like it at all :shock:

Anyone know the best way of gettin rid, someone said the other night they tried to inject hotwater or something, it died then the next day was back.... then not long after he had attack of the aptasia all over his tank...worrying to say the least!!!

Hey Joefish84 im wondering also about nuclear fallout, bit scared now as its in quite a few bunches all over the place and even though all my SPS mates hate the stuff i quite like it flappin about like a underwater venus fly trap!! :smile:

What will release do you reckon??

Scouse, TMC have their own brand of aip killer out now, i have heard good stuff about it from guys up here but havnt used it personally, that and joes juice

cheers

My personal experience with having damsels in the tank is that they last about 3 days or so before becoming snack food. I'm sure it depends on the size of the octo and how well fed it is, but I'd recommend against it if you actually intend for the fish to survive.

-Jared

rj10018576 said:
i'm kinda curious about the The Velvet Sea Slug(Chelidonura varians), featherdusters, sponges, Maxima Clam Colored(Tridacna maxima), Ballonfish(Diodon holocanthus) , also of the following three (pipefish, wrasse, and damsels) because i have been reading mixed answers on whether they are safe. they most likely will be with a joubini or a bimac. i think i just might start with pygmy's first untill i feel like setting up my monster tank (125 gallons baby). since its been a while since i've dealt with saltwater tanks. but i heared tha joubini's are nocturnal i was wondering if that was true. eventually i will have a 125 gallon reeftank and and a 55 gallon bimac tank. i was just wondering if it was safe to put the above species in with a pygmy or bimac.

ohh yeah and what do u mean by a nuclear fallout in your tank? do they gut throw like cukes?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back