[Octopus]: Oswald - O. bimaculatus My new Bimac from Tonmo

RSG

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Just received him/her this morning. Acclimated for 4 hours and got to play with him in the bucket. Loved the drip line and my fingers. Even ate a crab in the bucket. In his new home now and he went in to a breeder box that he can get out of anytime he wishes and figures out the lid. I like to do this with younger octopus, as I can monitor his feeding habits much better. Plus I get to see him well for the first day or two. Will keep everyone posted on “Oswalds” journey.
RSG

Attachments

• 60E11AB3-457F-464C-B6E5-4D11A60504A0.jpeg
    60E11AB3-457F-464C-B6E5-4D11A60504A0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 166

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
How big is your tank?

Thanks Gabe
Per @RSG's Tank Talk thread, 75 gal w/ a 20 gal sump :thumbsup:

AngelGabe94

Hatchling
Registered
Per @RSG's Tank Talk thread, 75 gal w/ a 20 gal sump :thumbsup:

I have another question about the filtration is it drilled or a hang over the back filtration to the sump? I’ve been figuring out how or which way is the best way to do it. I was thinking about building my own tank so I wanted your thoughts on the matter?

Thanks Gabe

RSG

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I have my sons home and my father. Plenty of crabs a
I have another question about the filtration is it drilled or a hang over the back filtration to the sump? I’ve been figuring out how or which way is the best way to do it. I was thinking about building my own tank so I wanted your thoughts on the matter?

Thanks Gabe
Gabe,
I think to best is a drilled tank so that it can be sealed very well. I run a carbon/GFO reactor and a bio pellet reactor. I also have a refugium with lots of macro, copepods and Amphipod. Really keeps the tank clean and if he does ink it can be cleaned quickly. I also have a lot of flow in the DT. Helps to keep the sand beds from accumulating debris. Sea cucumber and a conch. Not sure how long that will last but so far so good

AngelGabe94

Hatchling
Registered

Gabe,
I think to best is a drilled tank so that it can be sealed very well. I run a carbon/GFO reactor and a bio pellet reactor. I also have a refugium with lots of macro, copepods and Amphipod. Really keeps the tank clean and if he does ink it can be cleaned quickly. I also have a lot of flow in the DT. Helps to keep the sand beds from accumulating debris. Sea cucumber and a conch. Not sure how long that will last but so far so good

Gabe,

It’s a little challenging kinda seeing everyone’s set up and not really know what to get or what not to get. I’ll keep on looking through threads and stuff!

Thanks Gabe